The Light Counter LC2 from Ian Leake Studio is a specialist light integrator designed for photographers and printers who use ultraviolet-based processes such as platinum/palladium, cyanotype and gum. It allows photographers to make accurate and consistent UV exposures when printing.
The Light Counter LC2 system can control exposures from 1 second to 8 hours long.
It also has an automatic calibration process that ensures your exposures are consistent even if you move or realign the sensor.
The sensor is optimised for iron-based historic processes such as platinum/palladium printing.
All of this works simply and quickly, with a strong emphasis on ease of use.
The Light Counter LC2 system can be configured in a variety of different ways depending on the specific needs of the photographer.
The basic configuration has a central light integrator (the master computer) and a single UV sensor. It can be scaled upwards by adding a temperature sensor (for monitoring the internal temperature of your light box), a power controller (for automatically switching your lights on and off when needed), and a data logger (for recording all light and temperature measurements for further analysis). For people who use visible light processes, for example silver gelatin, there is also a visible light sensor (accurate for exposures above 3-5 seconds).
The system is available as individual devices and sensors or pre-configured kits. The kits are:
- UV Light – the basic kit for any photographer working with ultraviolet-based exposures
- UV Light and Temperature – the kit for photographers who want to monitor the temperature inside their lightbox during exposures
- UV Light, Temperature and Data – the kit for photographers who want to monitor, record and analyse the light levels and temperature inside their lightbox during exposures
- Visible Light – the basic kit for photographers working with long visible light exposures (longer than 3-5 seconds)
The optional Power Controller increases accuracy and convenience by switching the light source on and off at the correct times.
- LC2 User Manual
- About the UV Sensor
- Sensor Dimensions – technical drawing if you want to verify whether it fits into your light box
All Light Counter LC2 kits, devices, and sensors are covered by a global repair-or-replace warranty. If a component fails within a year of delivery, then just ship it back to me and I will repair or replace the item free of charge.
If you want any help or advice, then please contact me using the email address at the bottom of this page.